Thursday, May 1, 2008

WAF's First Blog

Hey- first entry ever. A little bit about me.

Where to start...


I live on a small island in Puget Sound, near Seattle. I have always dabbled in art of some form or other. I create shrines, but I am also a photographer (that's another story). Today it's all about shrines.


I went to Italy and saw roadside shrines that inspired me to start creating shrines. I use all sorts of 'stuff' in making my shrines. Found, scrounged, bought, crafted. I like to use lots of color- life is short, everyone needs color in their life.


I started creating them for friends- my first shrine ever was a Flamingo Shrine for friends who have a flamingo party every summer. After that it snowballed, mostly into creations for friends.


My favorite shrines to create are custom orders. I've done them for birthdays, weddings, 'just because', and the like. I take a lot of care to make sure that the recipient will love and cherish their shrine. They take a lot of time, but I am always pleased with the results. They are definitely conversation pieces.


Skippy

No comments:

Post a Comment