Thursday, January 8, 2009

Buddha Shrine




Here’s the latest shrine I have completed and will deliver to the client very soon. This shrine is one of my more serious shrines I have been commissioned to do. The Buddha shrine is for a dear friend of mine, commissioned by her new hubby. I really enjoyed working on this piece- I felt it had to have a bit more reserved (no glitter and glam of usual shrines) since this was in honor of Buddha. This piece started with a backless shadowbox frame, and I purchased the Buddha, and almost everything else I already had. The ‘circle’ he is sitting in is an old broken piece of pottery that I have been holding onto for years- in hopes to find a use for it someday. The offering bowl, hands, and lotus flower are all things I have collected over the years to add to my studio inventory. This shrine was one of most difficult shrines in terms of infrastructure- I had to do lots of small things, cutting, tweaking, gluing, screwing, nailing, etc- that most other shrines don’t take. But all in all I’d have to say this is one of my best shrines- I hope Kelly loves it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment