Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Latest Project

Currently I am working on a commissioned piece that will become a desktop Buddha 'shrine'.

I really can't show photos or elaborate too much as I don't want to give it away. Let's just say it's moving along. I had some of the elements on hand, but had to order a few things, buy some lumber, and build a box (thanks to hubby Richard for that assist). One of the elements needed to be taken apart, painted and reconstructed (note to self- take a photo of element before you take it apart- makes reassembly MUCH easier).

Next step is to prime the box (dry) paint (dry), paint again (dry)...that's always a longer process than I'd like, but there it is. Once it's all dry, I'll put it all together (positioning, gluing, etc) and then put a back on it.

Shipping is probably my most fearful part of the process. This piece has a couple of heavy elements in it and packing so nothing moves is going to be challenging.

More to come...crossing fingers...
Paula

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the upcoming shrine!

    ReplyDelete