Saturday, December 31, 2011

#100thankyous

@kimberlypurcell invited people to share my #100thankyous.

As the year ends I thought I'd give it a try.

Here they are, not in any particular order-  just as they rolled off my fingers onto the page. Thankful vs thank you...

#100 thankful for one incredibly cool husband- who loves me for who I am and is always there for me #100thankyous

#99 thankful for 3 very interesting kids (4 if you count my son-in-law) #100thankyous

#98 super thankful for Mr. Milo who has given us almost 14 years of pure joy #100thankyous

#97 thankful for being able to give back in ways we never dreamed #100thankyous

#96 thankful for wonderful friends who make us laugh #100thankyous

#95 thankful for memories- mostly funny ones that crack us up #100thankyous

#94 thankful for Evan’s childhood made up words/sayings- like---do I drive you nervous? Has your brain gone zibbilee? #100thankyous

#93 thankful for newfound cousins- as it turns out I am not the eldest in the family #100thankyous

#92 thankful for great desert and island neighbors- it is a pleasure to know you #100thankyous

#91 thankful to be away from dreary NW weather – these old bones need warmth #100thankyous

#90 thankful for a moderately green thumb- mostly in the veggie garden #100thankyous

#89 thankful I can take decent photos #100thankyous

#88 thankful I have humor in my life #100thankyous

#87 thankful for growing up in Alaska- great memories-lots of snow #100thankyous

#86 thankful the NW is my home…couldn’t live long without the mountains, trees and ocean nearby #100thankyous

#85 thankful I have a creative streak- otherwise life would be boring #100thankyous

#84 thankful for creative kids- may they support me in my old age (just kidding kids) #100thankyous

#83 thankful for the times when I say ‘I can’…and I do…#100thankyous

#82 thankful for facebook friends and the ability to connect #100thankyous

#81 thankful for a yearning to travel- and the ability to pay for it #100thankyous

#80 thankful for two houses that are paid for #100thankyous

#79 thankful for those who are out there every day keeping us safe #100thankyous

#78 thankful for green grass and blue skies- keeps me calm and grounded #100thankyous

#77 thankful for the smell of the sea, the cool breezes and the sand beneath my feet #100thankyous

#76 thankful for my legs- they keep me moving along lifes paths #100thankyous

#75 thankful for change- for without it- we don’t grow and learn #100thankyous

#74 thankful for the ghost stories my grandfather told us- years later they still make me smile #100thankyous

#73 thankful for my hearing- listening to the bird calls and children laughing- priceless…#100thankyous

#72 thankful for my sight- the brilliance of a field of tulips, priceless…#100thankyous

#71 thankful for a glass of really good red wine…take time to savor #100thankyous

#70 thankful for a child’s laugh- so contagious- you can’t help but smile #100thankyous

#69 thankful for winters growing up with giant bins of skates in the school hallways and a frozen over baseball field- 
#100thankyous

#68 thankful for a really good cup of coffee- it’s the little things #100thankyous

#67 thankful for fleece and Uggs on cool mornings #100thankyous

#66 thankful for a kind of crappy 2011- what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger #100thankyous

#65 thankful for enough clean water and food and clothes and shelter- many have none of those things #100thankyous

#64 thankful for (never thought I’d say it) my hubbys passion for golf- it’s a good outlet for him #100thankyous

#63 thankful for many European trips and many more (hopefully) to come #100thankyous

#62 thankful for our freedom- to go where we want, when we want without fear #100thankyous

#61 thankful for my kids’ ability to make their own Christmas gifts #100thankyous

#60 thankful for a pair of really good walking shoes #100thankyous

#59 thankful for being able to take the kids hiking when they were kids- they learned respect for nature #100thankyous

#58 thankful for really good sleeping bags and pads- though a hotel bed works better for me now- that was then #100thankyous

#57 thankful for the ability to put good food on the table for my family #100thankyous

#56 thankful for technology for all it has given us and will continue to bring us. #100thankyous

#55 thankful for Christmas lights and the joy and serenity they seem to offer #100thankyous

#54 thankful for inspiration- in whatever form it come in #100thankyous

#53 thankful for all religions- although some could not be so darned radical #100thankyous

#52 thankful for all races- makes the world go round #100thankyous

#51 thankful to have seen the Alaskan glaciers- awe inspiring #100thankyous

#50 thankful for hummingbirds- for their beauty, speed, agility, chatter #100thankyous

#49 thankful for old scary drivers- makes me even more cautious on the road #100thankyous

#48 thankful for artistic friends who (whether they know it or not) keep me grounded and inspired #100thankyous

#47 thankful for the memory of the mother and baby whale sleeping in the shallows off our cliff- never forget- hearing their breathing in the night…sigh #100thankyous

#46 thankful for ‘likes’ and status’s – I love to hear how my fb peeps are doing #100thankyous

#45 thankful for the French bakery we are about to hit up for breakfast…#hungry- #100thankyous

#44 thankful for friends Scott and Vicki who are thoroughly invested in the welfare of children- a life-long career #100thankyous

#43 thankful for friends Peter and Janice- we’re like siblings- only better- close but no fighting #100thankyous

#42 thankful for Mike and Hope- true island friends…love, love…#100thankyous

#41 thankful for good singing voices…goose bumps #100thankyous

#40 thankful for my dad’s excellent piano playing- only a memory now #100thankyous

#39 thankful for healthy children #100thankyous

#38 thankful for son Brook - humorous, persevering, kind and considerate #100thankyous

#37 thankful for son-in-law Nick- loving husband and great work partner to our daughter #100thankyous

#36 thankful for daughter Aleah- talented, creative, kind and generous #100thankyous

#35 thankful for son Evan- gifted in music and art, a kind, nature boy soul #100thankyous

#34 thankful for literacy- nothing like a good book #100thankyous

#33 thankful for the ability to multi-task (although sometimes it’s a hindrance) #100thankyous

#32 thankful to have lived on this beautiful planet for 59+ years #100thankyous

#31 thankful for our idyllic island life- general store, 4 cars on our road in one day, goats bleating in the next field over #100thankyous

#30 thankful for tissues- there when you need them- if you have them #100thankyous

#29 thankful for a good sharp knife- that’s all I need to say about that #100thankyous

#28 thankful for left handed scissors- all you lefties out there who have to use right handed scissors know what I mean #100thankyous

#27 thankful for good massages- my old aching self really appreciates that #100thankyous

#26 thankful for our annual hat parties- always a hoot- this will be our 15th #100thankyous


#25 thankful for super talented veterinarians- for taking such good care of our lovely Milo doggie #100thankyous 

#24 thankful for having to put on the ol’ thinking cap to come up with the rest of my thank yous #100thankyous

#23 thankful for the wisdom of our elders #100thankyous

#22 thankful for laughter until your sides hurt #100thankyous

#21 thankful for the release that tears bring #100thankyous

#20 thankful for animals that love us unconditionally #100thankyous

#19 thankful for the human spirit #100thankyous

#18 thankful for good music #100thankyous

#17 thankful for people with positive attitudes #100thankyous

#16 thankful for The Week magazine- little snippets of interesting info I might have missed #100thankyous

#15 thankful for the 2012 opportunity for Congress to grow up and do their jobs – no more hanky panky please #100thankyous

#14 thankful for owning our own business- we answer to us (and the IRS)…#100thankyous

#13 thankful for working hard and watching it pay off #100thankyous

#12 thankful for my grandmother’s salt & pepper collection (which I do not have), it inspired me to collect my own #100thankyous

#11 thankful for the lovely little green house the boys built for me #100thankyous

#10 thankful for 4 years of all girls Catholic high school- what a blast #100thankyous

#9 thankful for Seattle, the gem of the NW- mountains, forests, sea...love #100thankyous

#8 thankful for a good Tiramisu- nuff said there…#100thankyous

#7 thankful for warm clothes when you need them #100thankyous

#6 thankful for parental units- without them none of us would be here #100thankyous

#5 thankful for words- good or bad they say it all #100thankyous

#4 thankful for life #100thankyous

#3 thankful for the moon and stars- to gaze upon in awe #100thankyous

#2 thankful for another year to celebrate 2012 Happy New Year all #100thankyous

#1 thankful I am done with my #100thankyous


No comments:

Post a Comment