Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DATE FESTIVAL- A SERIES--- #1: FOOD

There's nothing quite like a county fair. 

Local as can be (the Coachella Valley is all about dates- the sweet, flavorful little gems), county fairs bring out the best in 'rural' living. Quintessential old school in presenting crafters, agricultural feats, farm animals, farm equipment and amusement park rides, and food, food, food.

Full of noises - smells - color - laughter - rides - 'bad for you' food - souvenirs- barkers - games - exhibits - blue ribbons - 4H. 

There's something irresistible about a fair. You have to go, even if you only experience it once.
  
Here's my take via the lens. My two regrets are not going back at night and shooting with all the colorful lights, and not seeing the animals - (next year). 
 
As I was going through my photos I realized that there are way more than one post has room for. I am breaking it out into a few different posts, so watch this space.

What do you think of county fairs? Do you have a favorite story about them? I would love your comments.

ONE: FOOD - heart stopping, artery clogging, grease on your chin, food- enjoy!















***Please include a link when using any of my original images and thanks for reading!*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment