Sunday, February 12, 2012

RUST AND CONCRETE

Last summer I headed out to Ft. Flagler at the north end of Marrowstone Island where I live. 

The Fort was built during the war years to protect Puget Sound and Seattle from the enemy. 

There are 3 forts that created a triangle of protection. Fort Casey on Whidbey Island, Fort Worden in Port Townsend, and Ft. Flagler on Marrowstone Island. Each is now a state park.

The lighting on a sunny day was just to irresistible. Here's the outcome.

***Please include a link when using any of my original images and thanks for reading!*** 




















We love our island


4 comments:

  1. What an awesome collection of photos. Rust is such a unique element!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it happens to be one of my favorite elements- it's always different...never two rusty pieces look alike- add light and shading and it changes once again...fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos Paula! You have such an eye for interesting detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda- I do seem to 'see' things differently...I'm kind of that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete