Friday, March 16, 2012

DATE FESTIVAL- A SERIES--- #4: EXHIBITS

In my 4th (and final) installment - exhibits- it's all about the food, crafts, etc. The exhibit halls. Local crafters and collectors hoping for a blue ribbon for their work. 

No giant pumpkins here- but plenty of dates and other green veggies. Dates of every variety. And believe me, they all have their own distinct tastes.


If you're ever in the Coachella Valley- look up Shields- famous for their date milk shakes- you have to try one.


Just look for the big knight pointing the way on Hwy 111 in Indio.




I digress- 
What I did miss, just ran out of time, were the animals. There was bull riding, and camel and ostrich racing (hey, we're in the desert),You won't find that in Kansas folks.

I also missed the monster trucks (thankfully), the demolition derby (also thankfully), and the music each night. While I didn't attend the concerts, I could hear them at night from my house.

Have you been to a county fair? What is your favorite exhibit?

FOUR:EXHIBITS










***Please include a link when using any of my original images and thanks for reading!*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment