Friday, March 16, 2012

THE LIVING DESERT

I'm from Irish ancestry and the only green thing I could come up with to celebrate is this post- about the greening of the desert. 

The desert isn't a deadscape as people might think, (although in some cases it looks that way) you just have to spend some time and look for it.

We recently took a trip to The Living Desert- botanical gardens and a zoo of sorts. It's a great place to spend the afternoon enjoying the desert flora. 

For me personally, I love all the textures and different shades of green. Sometimes just the way the light hits the cacti is interesting.

And, yes, there is water in the desert...

Enjoy...
 
What is your favorite cacti? What about your fave desert animal?

















 Not local- from Madagascar I believe




I had to throw this one in- I hadn't noticed these guys on the rocks until someone pointed them out- they camouflage themselves well, don't you think?

***When pinning please include this http://artfarmblog.blogspot.com/ link when using any of my original images and thanks for reading!***

No comments:

Post a Comment