Wednesday, August 15, 2012

COLLECTIONS CAFE

OK, I said I'd post more about Chihuly (remember the piece on the Glass Gardens?) Well, there's more to the story. There's a cafe on the premises called Collections.


And guess what? It's about collections- Dale Chihuly's collections as a matter of fact. There are things on walls, tables, and ceiling. Each table hosts a different collection, from transistor radios to fishing gear, to antique silver ashtrays...the list goes on and on...

Here's a sampling of some of the stuff I saw there. I tell ya, I could have kicked everyone out and just spent a couple of hours taking photos of all the cool stuff.



a tad unnerving having these hang over your head




eerily cool


the guy has a thing for accordians



lovely wall art


you know, the food was pretty good too

I have a really nifty collection of salt and pepper shakers, maybe that's why I thought all the stuff there was so cool. 

If you get a chance to hit the Seattle Center- don't forget to see the Chihuly Gardens and check out Collections Cafe for a little bit of craziness. Tell 'em Paula sent ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment