Saturday, October 27, 2012

MARINARA HEAVEN

It is marinara making time in our house. I'm not sure why, but we're making it in small batch this year- just too much going to devote an entire day to one large batch.

We prepped everything the night before. Peeling tomatoes, cutting everything, sauteing everything. Tossing it all into a pan and leaving it in the frig overnight. Next morning on the stove top with it. 

I don't actually use a recipe- I just wing it (so far- no disasters).


To me there's something interesting about the unused portions of making food. I enjoy the 'elegant' decay look of scraps going into the compost.


 Saute the onions and the garlic...


And the peppers (which I also saute).

Get those skins off the tomatoes, and we're almost there.


Add the spices...


And of course- the wine...


And simmer away...


I usually let it sit in the frig overnight to let the flavors meld, then heat again in the morning, and season to taste, put 'em in jars and seal and enjoy- enjoy- enjoy...



I've gotta say- writing this while this deliciousness is simmering in the kitchen is almost more than I can take. 


No comments:

Post a Comment