Thursday, October 11, 2012

PAULA'S KITCHEN SOUP

One of my favorite Autumn foods is my Kitchen Soup. We don't eat a lot of spaghetti around here, but we do put up several jars of marinara to enjoy now and again.

So the other night we cracked open a jar and sautéed some onion and garlic and browned some ground beef, put the noodles onto boil and enjoyed our first fall spaghetti dinner. And, per usual- there were left overs (I do that on purpose). 

If you don't have your own marinara you can use a large can of tomatoes and perhaps some tomato paste if needed.



Here's why. I take the left over marinara mix and put it in a large deep pan (that has a lid). 



 Then I pour in some chicken stock (if I don't have that I use veggie stock). 


The day before I had done a major harvest on all our beans as well as some of our carrots and onions. So in they go to the sauté pan with more (you can't have too much) garlic.




We threw in some corn we had left over and a cup of frozen peas, just for the heck of it. And just when we thought that was enough, we discovered some of our wonderful Yucatan pork in the frig waiting to be found, so in it went.

Heat it all up to perfection and serve.

Needless to say- put that in a large bowl with a chunk of crusty french bread and I'll guarantee they'll go back for seconds- they'll have to fight me for it though.


1 comment: