Monday, November 19, 2012

A LEAFY PUMPKINY HARVEST PROJECT

With autumn here, and Thanksgiving fast approaching we've been thinking of fallen leaves and pumpkin harvests- gearing up for toasty days by the fire enjoying some 'indoor' time.

My mom recently came for a visit and I tried to occupy here time with a bit of 'craftyness'.

We opted for painting some fallen autumn leaves as well as mini pumpkins, apples, and pomegranites and I thought I'd share it with you.

Here's what we used:

-mini pumpkins, pomegranites, apples (whatever fruit or squash/gourd you'd like)- I pressed and dried the leaves first so they wouldn't curl
-acrylic paints- I used coppers and golds as well as browns, oranges and yellows
-fishing line


didn't these turn out gorgeous?
there's something to be said for a gold painted gingko leaf

           
I strung mom's painted leaves with fishing line so it looks like they are floating   

No comments:

Post a Comment