Saturday, November 17, 2012

AN AUTUMNAL NAME (GIFT) TAG

This little project is one of my fave things. I haven't done them in some time, but as I was walking one autumn day I saw all the alder cones fallen in the road and it reminded me of some little tags I made years ago.

Here's what you'll need:
-fallen alder cones, moss, hawthorne berries, maple seeds, acorns, moss, poppy heads, whatever you can harvest from the forest that you like.
-glue
-cardboard backing
-color wash, or glitter spray paint if you want to snaz it up
-twine if you want to apply them to a package











 I have made these in the past as gift tags, but this year I plan on making them as name tags for Thanksgiving.
I purchased these pre-drilled rounds at a craft store as well as the backing tag

Here I painted a dried Gingko leaf gold

Here, I dried some ferns and painted them copper



What do you think? I love them...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey, thanks- I love that they can be used for Thanksgiving or Christmas as gift tags or name tags, AND there's barely any cost.

      Delete