Friday, November 9, 2012

BEET LOVE

I can get you to love beets- trust me I can!

Golden beets, Chioggia beets, Detroit beets- doesn't matter- now I know some beets have a certain 'earthy' taste, so for this recipe I'm using Chioggias, but the Goldens are equally delish.



I peeled this giant beauty plucked from my garden and roasted it in a hot oven until done.

While that was cooking, I sauteed some sliced mushrooms and Cippolini onions (also from my garden).
Don't forget the garlic. Never forget the garlic.




I sprinkled the mushrooms and onions with some Parmigiano-Reggiano, and topped it all off with some wonderful Chevre from our island cheese farm, and crowned it with my own pickled onions.

Grab a chunk of warm crusty French bread and a nice glass of wine and call it dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment